Introducing Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead

Hi All,

I don't often post on this board, but I recently encountered a new game which I thought was worth mentioning. It's called Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead, or CDDA for short, and it's essentially an open-world, zombie survival roguelike.

Basically, you're an average survivor in a near future version of New England, and you wake up one day in an emergency shelter. You have to figure out how to find food, defend yourself, and in general just stay alive. The game has an amazingly detailed crafting system, dynamic world map, and no overarching goals to speak of. You can be anything from a guntoating survivalist to a martial artist to some kind of mutated scientific experiment. There are vehicles, which you can make and repair yourself, tons of weapons, and, of course, zombies.

There's a catch. This game isn't as accessible as it could be yet. There are some annoying display issues, and the current "experimental," version is w orking on fixing them. I play on Linux with Speakup, but there's a Windows console version too, which should be playable as well.

It can be found here. A forum thread i started for accessibility help is here.

This game definitely isn't for everyone, and is very in depth, but I think there are at least a few folks on this board who might be interested in something in this style. I'm happy to answer what questions I can.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stirlock via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arnold18 via Audiogames-reflector