Re: Second Castaways 2 public beta

Dark I think you got the tree thing wrong in the earlier post.  You can collect sticks from a tree tile indefinitely (unless you have the fracking big stick fault), but any time you cut down trees it removes the entire tree tile.  Some players will start on lands that have so many trees they will practically never run out of lumber, but some lands might randomly have a lower amount.  In those cases, the player may need to expand to a second plot sooner (in search of more trees) or buy lumber from other players.

I'll admit I might not be understanding your original arrow suggestion.  I thought you were wanting arrows to no longer require iron+hemp to manufacture, which would greatly affect the effort needed to make guard towers, and then the balance between those guard towers and the other defensive tiles, and the balance between guard towers and resources required to make soldiers (guard towers kill enemy soldiers).

Looking back, I see that you may have meant you wanted a second type of arrow added, that would require very little and would be dedicated to hunting.  This 2-arrow types idea would be much easier to balance, so it is something I would consider.  It would be equivalent to the game having stone axes and steel axes, which are used for different tasks, and a few overlapping ones.

Only lands that started with water will have sand.  If you find yourself on a waterless plot of land, you can trade for it from other players, buy it from the store, or expand to another plot of land and hope for water.  I do understand the desire to be self sufficient (in many games that is how I prefer to be as well), having all players be "islands unto themselves" is not actually the goal while Castaways 2 is being developed.  Very few things will intentionally force players to depend on others, but to be totally independent, and get everything in the game, will likely require a fair bit of wor k.

To the people who received the "Wrong protocol or connection state for the requested transaction or request" error, did it disconnect you from the server after the error?  I'm still trying to track down a few frustrating bugs, and this is one of them.

Lori I will keep that in mind about the requirements list.  I suppose as long as it tells you what you still need, it doesn't need to also tell you what you already have.

Blindndangerous, I'll give that some thought.  I do like the idea of having it say how many are available, and I'm guessing you also want to be able to choose an amount to buy instead of 1 at a time.  It may be a bit of a pain to code those changes, so while I would like to change the story to this idea, I may not get around to it right away.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : buu420 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : lori21 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sitaa via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jescat277 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector