Re: fun facts

18 seems totally wront to me, heck I've got a bottle of extremely good wisky at home right now that is close to 50 percent proof, most distilled spirits are almost pure alcohol that picks up impurities from it's distilling barrels, but since it's the impurities that actually give the flavour this makes sense.

Even not counting spirits, ciders tend to be more alcoholic than most beers, and I am told most real distilled local ales tend to be more alcoholic than commercially produced stuff or indeed the carbonated beer popular in America, though whether this is true I'm not sure since I am not in any sense a fan of beers or ales of any kind, ----  Rum, Wisky, various cocktales are more my thing, and even then in fairly small amounts, (I've never actually been drunk enough to forget what I was doing or have a hang over).