Re: accessible backup tools

@Sebby

That's a good point about knowing what platform is being used.

For image backups on Windows the two best programs that I have personally used are Acronis True Image, which can do both image and file by file backups in three modes, full, incremental, and differential. True Image can also be setup to do automatic backups to either local backup media or Acronis' cloud service. The other image backup program is Norton Ghost. While it can be used to do backups, my primary use for it was to do drive to drive image transfers, so I don't know that much about it's backup capabilities.

And then there's the built in Windows Back & Restore which can also do image and file by file backups. Automatic scheduled backups can be setup within Backup & Restore, or you can set them up in the Windows Task Scheduler.