Re: Monthly chat April 2016

Hi.
Well I haven't actually posted in one of these topics before but I figure now is a good time.
Well lately I've been reading a lot of mystery novels. Plus I watched the new star wars movie and I really liked it except for the fact that J. J. Abrams worked on the movie. He ruined star trek which is why I was worried about star wars but it turned out okay at least so far. I've also been discovering new bands godsmack, megadeth, and some others I'm probably forgetting. So all and all april has been a good month.
@Devitprater, I hope you enjoyed the dark tower series it's awesome. If you haven't already don't read past the coda at the end of book 7 it will break your heart. If you enjoyed the dark tower read cell and the stand there awesome apocalyptic stories. A cool thing about the stand is that it has connections to the dark tower series but I can't tell you about those without spoiling the stand. Also if you want more fanta sy check out brandon sanderson, tad williams, terry pratchett, and brent weeks.
@Kool_Turk, you should really read more books. If you really read descriptions of places and things in books you really get a sense of place and what's going on. If you want fast action stuff try brent weeks he's a mixture of fantasy and thriller. Also check out authors like lee child, david liss, john case, john connolly, J. A. Jance, and stephen hunter.
@Dark, I'm going to have to check out doctor who. I've heard about it for years but I've never actually checked it out. It's funny you mentioned tad williams I just found out he has a new book set in the world of memory, sorrow and thorn. That should be good. I read his new bobby doller series which really wasn't my thing. It was good but not up to williams's usual stuff. I agree with you terry brooks's stuff is so stereotypical. I could probably write an exact terry brooks story and pass it off as his, lol actually probably not! What's even worse is that they made shannara into a tv series which my sister loves. I told her stay away from shannar but she loves it lol. I actually watched it with her once it played out just like the books unfortunately.
Anyway guys thanks for listening to all my rambling it was a lot of fun posting in this topic. See you later!