Re: Goodbye Windows XP, i still get nistalgic over you.

Well, I guess it's about priorities. A little thing like an annoying screen reader bug (which I can spend hours bitching about, naturally) pales to the nonsense MS is doing, at least for me, and yes I generally do have patience. And of course there is always the ever-present robustness of the platform itself, which is just wonderful, and puts the whole issue of screen reading into perspective. But you're right, the flip side of that coin is that, irrespective of the technical demerit of Windows screen readers (another thing I can spend hours ranting about) they do at least provide adequate accessibility to the platform to get most things done very efficiently. That is pretty deserving of praise all by itself, given the means they use to do that, but it doesn't distract from the ugliness. smile