One-Button Travel: Time-Travel Sci-Fi CYOA By TheCodingMonkeys

TheCodingMonkeys, the authors of Lost Cities, have a new choose-your-own-adventure or interactive fiction game, One-Button Travel. It's a concrete time-travel sci-fi story, which, like many recent games of this type, tells an unravelling story by means of a text-based, real-time, multiple-choice-answer chat session. Our protagonist (that's you) finds himself a time-traveller in an uncertain future, whose only companion is another user of the same app who has travelled in time before him.

Although this was faintly amusing, I didn't finish it. Maybe when I'm in the mind to put in the effort, I'll give it another try, but the truth is that it has essentially no puzzles and doesn't pull many heart-strings. If you fancy a weird, down-to-earth time-travel adventure, give it a try, but I probably won't be keeping this on my device. You'll be happy to know that, unlike The Martition and those games in the Lifeline series, you can in fact turn off the real-time aspect, thus making the game that much more playable, but really, nothing can change my feeling that it's just not all that compelling a story, unfortunately. I won't be requesting a refund, all the same.