Re: Any open world game that is fully or partially playable?

Seal,

You have a good ear; the folks from Swamp were kind enough to offer up their footstep library way back when we started this project, as well as a couple of other UI sounds like the radar bleep we're currently using. I don't know that we're recycling any other sounds, offhand.

As for first-person vs. top-down for RPGs, I'm sure it's a matter of personal taste. What we like about the first-person perspective is that it allows you to listen to the world from the player's perspective, making ambient sounds (and the game overall) far more immersive. Since the idea of an RPG is to step into a character's shoes (to "play their role", so to speak) we feel like the immersiveness of first-person sound is the best way to handle this. But that's just our take. What is it about top-down RPGs that you find preferable?