Re: Introducing: Out of Sight Games

Hey Assault,

In my experience, unvoiced NPCs are quickly becoming a thing of the past in the mainstream market - but my experience is admittedly limited. But when you look at games by Bethesda and Bioware, who I'd say are two of the biggest players in the western RPG market right now, they've had full dialogue for a long time.

That said, we're not too concerned with trying to copy anything mainstream games are doing - after all, they have funding and resources we could only dream of. What we want to do is say, "What experience do we want players to have in this game?" Immersion - a sense of actually entering the world and taking part in it - was way up there on our list. And in our testing, it's become very clear to us just how much more immersive it is if people actually speak to you. That's really the driving force behind what we're doing.

Couldn't agree more about quality vs. quantity. More isn't always better, but better is always better!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sswwaaiikkee via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mr . brunete via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kyles . supernova via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector