Is anyone going to try Quorum?

Hi everyone,
Recently I've been taking a look at the Quorum programming language:
http://www.quorumlanguage.com
Unlike BGT and other languages where most don't have a GUI, Quorum uses Netbeans with it's own plugins for accessibility called Sodbeans.
Unfortunately, my Mac does not have the ram that is necessary to run it, so it's not booting. I'll get a new Mac soon to fix this, however.
The beta just recently released has a game engine that supports 3D audio with the full Quorum 4 coming in June. For audio game developers, it would be awesome if we can start making classes for it. Like, say, a menu class. Right now they only have one for creating a menu bar.
Also, this game engine does support visuals, so you could make objects for whatever, enemies and such, atatch images and sounds to them, and depending on how the map is set, the sounds will just orientate themselves based on seve ral listeners that you can implement, but I think we may need to create a sound pool class. I'm not sure but perhaps the engine just has this functionality built in, but it probably won't do what some perfectionists want the sound pool class to do in BGT so they modify it constantly.
The most intreaguing thing, at least for right now, is iOS support. Apparently when you compile a game for iOS support, the game will compile to be submitted to the app Store.
Please note that while Quorum 4 uses Netbeans for it's IDE with accessibility on top of it, I don't think it is using Java, it is its own language. I don't want people geting the idea that quorum is just Java with some libraries--I don't think Java has anything to do with this, though you can compile to a Jar file and call to Java with language plugins, which one might be able to make some Java apps more screen reader friendly.
So, yeah. The reason for this topic: What're your thou ghts on Quorum? Would you develop with it, especially because of cross platform and iOS support? There's a lot of things that remind me of BGT, but in other cases the syntax is easier. BGT still has the advantage of having specific game tutorials, but perhaps maybe someone can make the Memory Train tutorial in Quorum--if I could run the IDE, I would've created something small by now...

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : brian . kurosawa via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : superb via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : bryanbkm82 via Audiogames-reflector