Re: Preludeamals, a puzzle solving game by Aprone

Jeffb, your comment about the story made me chuckle.  When the idea got tossed around that the ending to each level could be some sort of story, I loved the idea.  It would be a great way to add more personality to the game, while also giving me a chance to toss in some fun easter eggs.  When I actually sat down to write a few dozen story pieces, somehow about the work being done on the robotic arm, I drew a blank.  I could write a few things, but after like level 3 there would be nothing new to add.
Instead of giving up on the story idea, I started telling the story of 3 random workers at the Lunar-tech research facility.  I don't know why it's funny to me that the story has nothing to do with the game, but when I think of how it will confuse people it makes me laugh.  I seriously don't know why it's funny to me, because when I think about it, it just seems stupid.  smile
More levels are in the works, and more story has already been either written or planned to go along with those additional levels.  It's entirely possible that this seemingly random story actually ends up being about the work on the robot arm.  It might also just continue to be random.  I guess you'll just need to beat every level to know for sure.  big_smile

Stewie, the audio pans like that because the code treats the room as though it's laid out on a table in front of the player.  The further away you go, the smaller the angle is between the player and the sound.  I've actually thought about changing that, and I may end up doing so in an update.

Thanks for spotting those editor bugs.  In the morning I'll work on fixing those and posting a game update.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Jeffb via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : staindaddict via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : smoothgunner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sneak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector