Re: Problem with iPhone

It's still a mystery what the problem was, but it eventually solved itself.

I checked, data roaming was off and as far as I know has never been on.

I tried restarting the phone when I first discovered the problem and it didn't help. More recently I did a factory reset of the phone's settings to try solving an unrelated problem, and that appeared to solved the cellular data problem, but didn't solve the problem I reset the settings to try and fix.

That problem was that most incoming calls didn't cause the phone to ring, nor did they show up as a missed call, the only way I found out someone had called me was if they left a voice mail message. All of this while getting two out of five bars of cellular signal strength. The solution to this problem was for AT&T to send me a microcell for the phone to connect to while I was at home. This apartment building must interfere with cell phone signals because the microcell solved the incoming cal l ringing problem.