Re: New computer,what should I go for,mac,windows etc

You sure you need 1TB storage?  I found a good model of Mac, the "MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012" but your going to have to find it lightly used or quality refurbished anyway, so if you feel like you can knock that extra 50 bucks off and get a 500GB instead, it'll certainly help, and the same goes for RAM, if you feel like you can upgrade it your self at home, since it's apparently not very hard especially with this model, and there are lots of guides, so you could just get 4GB and upgrade later if you need it, hell you might not even need to, especially on the Mac side.

I found a really good list of things you can do to take the price down, as well, it also includes the best places to buy high quality used macs, and the stores that it suggests are ones I've heard about before on other reputable sites, so it seems pretty legit.

Here's the article
http:/ /www.wikihow.com/Buy-a-Mac-Computer-at-a-Discount

I'll check out some Windows only computers too, I already had a list going anyway for basically what your asking for, since between 750 and 950 dollars is the sweet spot for price VS features in 13.3 to 15.6 inch notebooks.