Re: Project C.A.T.

So I spent a couple hours this morning coming up with some new features for a secondary game mode. I updated the cite as well, but I'll also paste it here for your convenience.
Hey guys, so I’ve recently done an entire re-design of the project, or maybe it should be referred to as an addition. The overall mechanics will be the same, and the original mode, that is team versus team in an urban setting killing each other to determine who is best will also remain an option. However, in my original plans I had decided that I would not add enemies to the map that are controlled by AI. This is no longer the case. In fact, an entirely new mode will also be added that allows a group of players to spawn their avatars on a map similar to the arena in the second book of “The Hunger Games”. The clock arena if you will. I’ll go into more details about it below.

Visualizing the Big Picture
The main principle of this game mode is that there will be an over map of a 3 by 3 grid. If you have a hard time picturing this, think of two straight vertical (up and down) lines that are spaced about an inch next to each other. Now picture two more lines, but this time horizontal (laying sideways) and have a little space between each other. They should also intersect the vertical lines in a way that creates a square box in the middle. So hopefully now you are picturing what most would call the hash tag symbol, or the number sign.

“What’s that sound?”
This symbol also looks like a three by three grid that has been sectioned off into 9 different quadrants. Now, each of those quadrants are like boxes. They will contain certain unique characteristics that give them benefits and some non-benefits… Like 10 lightning strikes in a quadrant every 3 seconds, or a pack of mutated moles who dig up from the ground and chase your avatar down. If that’s not your cup of tea, try for The quadrant referred to as “Death’s Touch” by most living individuals. This name was fashioned after its flora’s poisonous contact. This means any touching, rubbing, bumping, or idiots blindly running through any plant life will result in a long and painful demise. At least you won’t have to deal with the Earth deciding it’s tired of your avatar  waiting around and rips the ground beneath their feet wide open sending them plummeting to their eternal entombment.

How’s this for “Hashtag the struggle is real.”.
If dealing with this map wasn’t enough, remember that group of people you arrived with? Yeah, well they’re trying to kill your avatar’s face off with anything and everything. Y’know that plant life I mentioned earlier? Seems if you’re careful enough you can grab a branch and grant “Death’s Kiss” on any avatar who is unlucky to be caught unawares, or lucky, depending on how you look at it. At least nobody tried to blow your avatar’s legs off with a tripwire plastic explosive.

“Ooooh, a loot box for me?”, BOOOOOM!
Not all of humanity is entirely obsessed with big swords and muscles. Sometimes smart people can resort to very crafty acts of destruction. Like setting one of those trip wire explosives in front of an enticing loot box.

“Wait, I didn’t win? I killed everybody though!”.
It won’t be all violent bloodshed though. No-no. Violent bloodshed only gets you so far. Unless your avatar is  wielding a giant claymore, in which case violence will get you about 6 feet through anything your avatar cares to point it at. To be the winner you will first have to be one of four players who is able to reach a defense point. There is a single defense location in each quadrant. Only one player can be in each quadrant’s defense location for it to count down. The first four players who are able to secure their quadrants defense location for a minute will advance to the next stage of the match. This will grant the players temporary immunity from one another. You will have about 3 minutes to go out and collect items and goods. Once that timer hits 0 though, it’s open season on everybody’s avatars.

rogue at quadrant 3 backstabbed chemist.
chemist took 53 damage before armor reduction.
rogue has been killed in quadrant 3 by chemist’s acid wash trap.
Naturally there will be a winner. In fact there will be a winner for each category. These will range
anywhere from how many people you slayed to how much of the map you covered and how much time you spent in each quadrant. You’ll be able to review your stats at any time, and they will be remembered as you play.
Anyway, I hope you all have enjoyed this update. I’ll be working on this part of the project as I wrap up the first mode just so it gives me something new to think about. Everything from the first mode will be easily transferred over to this new match type and will save me loads of time. It’ll be more like I’m adding to an existing structure rather than building an entirely new one from scratch.
Object oriented coding is like playing with Legos, but for adults.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : sneak via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : sneak via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : SkyLord via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : truecraig via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : sneak via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : sneak via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : sneak via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : sneak via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : sneak via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : sneak via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector