Re: New computer,what should I go for,mac,windows etc

That comparison is somewhat apples to oranges.
The M series has a less powerful video card, which means less of it's power is being devoted to graphics.
It also has a massively higher power draw compared to the newer processor, and likely gets hotter as well, do to the eight Nanometre difference in architecture.
It's got a higher base clock rate and a higher max clock rate too, but as seen with AMD APUs, that really doesn't mean a hole lot these days, and just because 4200M and 6200U should logically parallel each other in some way doesn't mean they actually do.
Partly that's because I was mistaken when I said that Core M was the new M, because it seems more likely that it's actually a replacement for Y, and M just got entirely absorbed into the standard processor line (the types of CPUs with) no down clocking, up clocking, added L3 cash, or specialized graphics, that don't get a suffix at all.
A better parallel would pro bably be the I5-4258U VS I5-6200U, but even so the newer chip loses out on pure power.
This, I'm guessing, is mostly do to a combination of relying more on the faster DDR4 RAM and the possible presents of an SSD to do allot of the heavy lifting, as well as the lower minimum system requirements for Windows 8.1 and 10 than for 7, and the consumer push for longer battery life, not unnecessary extra power.
These are no longer the days of the Core 2 and Ivy Bridge extreme series CPUs for instance, and generally, the only people interested in overclocking these days are PC gamers with custom built boxes.
As a result, new processors now have a plethora of smart automated tools that they can use to ramp up and down power based on the current clock rate, throttle consumption to various internal components such as the system fan, RAM, HDD/SSD, and screen, as well as external devices when they aren't being directly accessed or heavily used, and work in perfect tandem w ith them dynamically, not just in sleep or power nap modes but in general use as well.
This took a while to figure out, and if you look at the processors that came before Hazwell Refresh, you can see that clearly, from ridiculously large differences between top and bottom CPU speeds, to super low base GPU clock rates and weird voltage margins.
The thing is, while on paper the newer chips might be slower, in real life they just aren't, or at least not enough to actually notice. and many respected sources tend to agree with that.  No one seems particularly concerned about it either, especially since having a 125 WAT processor with 8 4GHZ cores that turbo to 5GHZ, 16 threads with a 12MB cash, and a heat output akin to a toaster oven is still possible if you really want it, which, it turns out, most people don't if they aren't in research or enterprise, in which case that would be under powered anyway... big_smile

And yes, I know that's not a laptop chip, heh.