Re: Garfield has passed away.

Damn, I talked to him for a few months when I was really into Alteraeon and Swamp.  He would often joke around about being the oldest in the group, compared to all of us 15 to 20 year old's, but he always fit in just fine. Even though I don't remember much about it, I do remember that I liked him and felt bad because he really wanted to see his kids but couldn't, and lived at the YMCA.
I always admired how he still managed to have fun even with that, and how he was able  to keep a positive outlook about it all, which made me realize that no matter where you're at, you can still have a fulfilling life.
He was also one of those few guys that was easy to have fun with on the spur of the moment, willing to mess around and not act like you were being weird just for wanting to be spontaneous, and as a result I remember me, him, and Blake having allot of fun with big virtual containers and teleporting on Alter!
We also did lots of small wareho use missions together on Swamp, and I'll always remember how bad he was at not getting killed by accidentally running into the stupidest places possible, at the worst times possible, which he would always laugh off instead of getting mad about it like other players, and it became sort of an expected occurrence to faintly here him getting ripped to shreds over off in the right hand side of the map, even if there were like 12 people on the team, to which someone would always ask if that was Matt and the answer would nearly always be yes. lol.
He never seemed to understand when to get out of places with Windows, even though we told him when they were about to break through; it was like a horror movie!  big_smile

Those were some of the best times I remember before my depression really set in, and he shared them with me, so that I'll never forget.

H e also really, really liked spaghettiOs, and I never understood how he could stand them let alone enjoy them... But he did.  smile

I hope he's happier where he is now, because if anyone deserves to be it's him.  And honestly if I can be half the person he was when I get to be in my mid 30s I'll feel proud of it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : luiscarlosgm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Blademan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Deng via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ryok via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Deng via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector