hostile svchost processes, any clues?

hi,
i'll actually keep this short and simple. since a considerable period of time my laptop is facing lagging and some other issues which cause a few applications to crash occasionally. I actually sorted the processes in the task manager to show by the amount of memory used, eg the last column which gives a number followed by the letter k. so, what I found is something unsettling. at the top is usually the iexplore process which is heavier than the others, probably. but there is a svchost process worth over 100 k, sometimes 90 k or so on. after that, the other heavier one is the msmping process for malwarebytes as far as I recall correctly, and there are a few others like updateui and others which are worth around 30 k. however, I've also noted that recently another heavier svchost process has crept up, consuming around 90 k apart from the other one worth over 100 k as I said before. now the problem is, when I end the svchost process, or both of the bigger ones, the lag is gone and applications work faster then before and such. but they again take the same place and are needed to be terminated again. my question is, what kind of a behavior is that. while svchost processes may control various things, but ending those 2 doesn't result in any problems at all. otherwise, if there is a virus or malware, what kind of a virus does that . I tried scanning with mse, nothing useful. malwarebytes cleared a few pups here and there but still same.

any recommendation or observation, guys.

thanks