Re: Monthly chat June 2016

Youch, that doesn't sound fun, though I'm a little confused at your "dealing with your wife or daughter is the worst part of getting married" statement, since pretty much being married is! by definition dealing with your husband or wife, and if that is the worst bit, what is the good bit?
Fortunately for Mrs. Dark and I dealing with each other is! the good bit, it's just all the other bits that are occasionally problematic, or at least trying to stop Mrs. Dark's parents from either running the wedding, or treating my lady as though she's five, or driving her up the wall, or probably all of the above big_smile.

This afternoon we have the rather fun task of trying to explain that we don't want a hole bunch of random strangers from their church turning up to the wedding, on the basis that the groom's party pretty much just in volves the groom (due to a small thing like the Atlantic ocean being between myself and everyone who would want to come), while even the bride's side is pretty much just family and friends. Given our last conference it's not something I'm looking forward to.

At least we have managed to avoid the mother in law's suggestion of having a wedding reception at their house where all the guests eat frozen lasagnee (yes, this was a serious suggestion, for a wedding! ).

Then when all this is done we have to finish the visa application, go back to Britain, and then start everything up again big_smile.

Fortunately I have managed to persuade the jewelers to replace my engagement ring, considering they didn't actually down size the thing and it slipped off on a train and is likely in a pawn shop in the north of Scotland right now. Actually I'm a bit a shamed of myself since I played the Doctor card which is worryingly effective sometimes.

Well other than those sorts of hangups, things are obviously good. yesterday I played through a bit more of one button travel which was fun. I think I'm coming to the end of the story on Ios. I did get a ways through and slightly forget the thing due to other stuff happening, but I do find the intermitant playing in installments is a rather addictive way to play an interactive story, I'll probably do a b page today if I can, though since Mrs. Dark is going for the dress fitting I likely will have time.

I also am continuing playing through bits of crazy party, which I'm finding the perfect game for right now. I'll certainly be getting back to Alter, but things are so tangled in rl at the moment something arcady or something I can at least sit down for a quick blast on is just about right, thoughme being me I like the progressive aspect of crazy party with t he unlockables and such so that when i play my eforts aren't wasted. Actually that is one aspect of arcade gaming which has really been progressed by online capability and more time taken in the processing.

I'm also continuing with the Scar by China Mievelle which is of course awesome! and to say the first half wasa little slow in terms of pace, albeit I found the descriptions and style very compelling, things are definitely heating up hugely.

i think once I'm finished I'll go streight on to the Iron council, the third in the series, particularly since I suspect the ending to this is going to be pretty major.

My only disappointment thus far is that we've not run in to anyone from the first volume at all, and I really wanted to see what happened to Isaac and co, though hopefully they'll show up later.