Re: Xbox accessibility commitments from E3

There is, just not right at the start of the articles:

"To truly have a lasting impact requires a culture shift, one that won’t happen overnight. However, our team is committed to get better each day, to teach one another to pause in our decision making process and think about the amazing diversity of needs, abilities and interests amongst gamers around the world. It has forced our team to think differently across the entire gaming experience – from hardware, to games and service."

"How do we help our engineers better understand the needs of those with varying levels of physical ability?"

"we are committed as a team that if our mission was to put gamers at the center of everything we do, we need to better understand – and better represent – the needs of ALL gamers."

"We can and we will do better as an industry moving forward."

"Some games will be tailored to people with disabilities. Xbox team members have been trained in the art of “inclusive design" and have met with deaf gamers and a parent of an autistic child, among others. An accessibility lab collects and studies controllers designed for disabled hackers; one has a switch that’s triggered by biting down.
Microsoft knows its efforts to attract more women, minorities, LGBT, and disabled gamers could spark a backlash from the usual suspects. “There is going to be a portion of our audience that responds in the most immature and inappropriate way to what we are doing,” McCarthy said. “But I guarantee you the wave of the masses will be with us.”"

""Xbox is embracing inclusive design as part of our Gaming for Everyone effort,” said Phil Spencer, head of Xbox. “In this ongoing initiative, every single person on Team Xbox is working together to try to make gaming accessible, equitable and sustainable for all.""

"“What is a gamer? Who is a gamer? A big part of Gaming for Everyone is enabling all types of gamers to play as they want, in the way they want. We need to challenge all of our perceptions.”"

"“An inclusive design approach encourages us to understand the needs of a lot of people and think about them intentionally,” said Johnson. “We want everything in Xbox to be as fluid and accessible as possible. It’s not about simplifying the games but improving and tailoring to specific needs.”"