Re: Papa Sangre 2 thoughts and discussion, contains spoilers

Hi,
Don't read any more of this post until you've beaten level 7, this does not contain any game ending spoilers, but it's a rather large theory and thoughts on the story, warning, this is a bit dark, I know it's past halloween, but still.

I have a theory that could change up your mind and story-based stuff cignificantly.
How is it, when we hold up our device, that a photo is taken without doing anything, and the guy, who is papa, or at least, seems to be (see below), suddenly gets very angry from that point on?
My theory/speculation/answer that somethin else will probably never think of, but makes some sense: Remember in one of the earlier levels, you encountered a forgotten man, who even frightened the guide? Well, the guide said he moves through time and could be in the future.
What if, when you held up the device, the forgotten man also saw this, came in, and, if they could move through time, they could be familiar with technology. Boom. They take the photo and warp you to an alternate world, where your guide is papa sangre, or, at least, has been taken over by him.
This means, that everything you do later... didn't happen. Those memories? That's the forgotten men recreating time for you. That picture you're looking for? Your remaining objectives? That's not really happening. It's now your turn to get out and your turn alone. So the guide is right. Never trust the dead, because they're talking to you but it's not in the original world of the game. That's the forgotten man's illusion.
So there you have it. That's my theory. What do you guys think?

  • Re: [Audioga... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: aaron
    • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
    • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: AstralAudio
    • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: connor142
    • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: brad
    • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: casta947
    • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: aaron
    • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: casta947
    • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: brad
    • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: paddy
    • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: paddy