Re: KNFB Reader on sale!

@RTR_Assassin

Since the email made no mention of platform, I would guess that the sale is for both iOS and Android versions.

Give me a few minutes and I'll post the entire email, verbatim, here.

@Jack

Exactly! You took the words right out of my mouth. That was the one reason that convinced me to spend the money for KNFB Reader. I like that the OCR engine is right there on my device, no need to send my scans to heaven knows where, with all the privacy can of worms that that opens.

The way I use it is to first scan the envelope to make sure the mail piece is addressed to me, then I scan the first page of the enclosed letter to get an idea of what the mail is and whether it's junk or something important. Important mail will be scanned with Open Book later, which usually gives me better results than KNFB Reader does.

There is no way in hell or anywhere else I'd scan anything that might have personal or sensitive information with any a pp I couldn't be certain wasn't sending the scans to some server somewhere in the cloud.