Re: Why don't you like multi-player games?

@nocturnus, funny what you say about alteraeon, one thing I've always liked about the game is how Dentin and other builders take suggestions from anyone.
For example, the rev  corpse command was a suggestion of mine since I was getting tired of not getting the full description of agro mobs, and most recently, I was stuck in the planes quest on Arcais, but after I mentioned the difficulty with performing necro spells Dentin added the ability to buy scrolls and wands for the needed spells right at the planes guild. Actually the friendly community, including the builders and admins is another thing I like about alteraeon.

@Grryf, since playing muds I'm becoming more of a fan of crafting for precisely the reason you say, it's much more in  the better muds a matter of carrying out several different actions to make something, eg, exploring in the mines to find the ore, smelting the ore, forging the sword, temporing it, sharpening it, ornamenting it e tc. The only problem tends to be when you need to carry out those actions 100 or so times to actually get the skills to make a halfway decent sword, since while doing everything too easily is a turn off, there does need to be some sort of reward, not an hour's work for a bad quality sword.

One  thing I've actually noticed where crafting is involved is usually for some odd reason crafting and combat are really separate things, rather than you having to actually go out into the wilderness and battle monsters and then forge your own weapons, usually if your good at crafting your cruddy at combat etc. It'd actually be nice if a game had activities a little more balanced, (after all historically black smiths were pretty tough, and fletchers had to be able to shoot pretty reasonably to know a good arrow from a bad one).

As to the hole pvp question, again I'd rather sidestep myself. If people like pvp fare enough, but personally I do prefer playing alo ne, or at most just having player trading or item swapping or the like (though even then msot of the time I prefer to make or find or do things myself in games).

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ghost rider via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sneak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : momo7807 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : momo7807 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : SkyLord via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Niklas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Niklas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : katil2008 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Locutus via Audiogames-reflector