How to interact with notifications that pop out in windows 8.1?

Hi guys,
Since I'm using windows 8.1 about 3 months now, and I have a question: How to interact with the notification that popping out? for example, when I inserted a USB drive, or a memory card with my cardReader, a message popping up: at removable disk (f). tap to choose what happen with removable drive.
But I don't have a screen that build in touch screen support. is there another ways to interact with it on keyboard? I know on windows 10 you can access it in action center by pressing windows key  plus A. But how about windows 8.1?
any helps would be greatly appreciated.