Re: are there any other playable roguelikes or rpgs besides entombed?

Hey there Aaron,
I would strongly recommend dungeon crawl stone soup. it's a little tricky to learn, but rewarding once you get over the learning curve.I play it with NVDA, and while you need a little pacience, the game is quite beatable. It has around 50 dungeon levels, all sorts of themed areas, around 20 different gods you can follow as well as roughly two dozen races and classes. But in other ways it  is a little simplified in comparison to entombed. There are no weapon or armour materials, and combat is a straight forward hit point system, meaning a a lot of repeated text. Here's the link to the download page, make sure to get the ascii version.
https://crawl.develz.org/download.htm