Suggestions for tech to ask for when a job comes up

Hi all.
Here's the situation:  I'm currently looking for work, currently administrative stuff as a starting point as I'm not completely sure yet what I'm good at or capable of.
However I was asked the other day to compose a list of hardware or software I would ask access to work for.  Naturally My first thoughts were screen reading software as well as scanning software, but I thought I should throw this one out here to see if you folks have any suggestions that I might not be thinking of.  Apparently I get to keep whatever they give me and the budget can be quite generous if you give them persuasive enough arguments.  With that in mind, I'm going to try my hardest to get a braille sense, as it's something I feel would be incredibly helpful, however I couldn't get one while at university.
So what do you guys think?  If you need me to make anything else clear, just ask as I kind of wrote this in a rush .
Thanks so much in advance, as always!