Re: Help with movement on Map in Python

So I figured out part of the issue I was having with map. So it I use jaws and it seems that Jaws was intercepting my keyboard commands for the arrow keys. I had this problem once before, but once I got my code fixed, pygame was playing nicely with Jaws, but with the way this code is set up, it seems that Jaws does not like this, again. I was looking into some solutions to this problem, and I found a library called pyHook that might solve my problem with Jaws for good, but I am unsure how to implement the library in my map. I found some examples, but I could not find anything that made sense to me working with pygame. Is anyone familiar with this library? Do you think it would solve my keyboard hooking problem with Jaws?

Also, I wanted to see if there is a way to change the code here so it is a little more responsive, I have played with it with NVDA, but because the counter is set up before the key is pressed there is a delay in action on the map when you press an arrow key , and the if you press the key to quickly the action is not even accomplished. I could change the number so that it responds quicker, but then when you hold down the arrow keys the player moves too quickly across the map. I have tried playing with putting a timer at the end of the update function, but it still seems very clunky.

I just started playing an audio game called crazy party, and I was impressed by the keyboard responsiveness. It also works with Jaws. I think it is built in BGT though. I am curious how they were able to get such a responsive keyboard handler working.