Re: Dreams about are reality

This doesn't happen to me any more, but as a younger kid, I would go through something when I'd be on the way to waking up. I would be awake enough for my brain to have the occasional thought of, "I need to get up and do [something]", but not enough to actually coax itself into full lucidity. During this time, I would go through repeated sycles of feeling as though I were falling backwards, as though trying to ride down a slide on my back. This would usually be accompanied by a dizzying sensation interspersed with flashing lights and short birsts of high frequency noises. This would go on and on for I'm not sure how long, but it felt like minutes in the dream. Sometimes, I'd think that I needed to get up, but I'd fall asleep and have a dream that tried to simulate what my brain expected I would be doing when I finally did get up, I.E. I would have a dream of going out of my room and getting breakfast, but I'd only partially know it was a dre am due to the lingering dizzying situation.
When I finally would manage to wake up from these dreams or whatever the whole ordeal was, I'd find myself tired, not feeling as though I'd gotten enough rest. So I'm not really sure if those were actually my brain trying to wake up but not having the proper stimuli, or perhaps my thoughts were those of waking up but my mind was still too tired to commence with fully waking up.