Just a couple of things here:

First, thanks for the spelling tip.

Second, a question/concern/potential gripe. Sometimes when I'm switching manamon (either because one dies or for experience) the foe seems to get a free attack. I have, for instance, had my Leafox die, brought in Owlaw, only to see him hit before I can even select an attack. And then my level 10 Owlaw is somehow faster than a level 15 Hydrake, desppite having been outquicked when he switched in. Is this some sort of deliberate mechanic, or is there some bugginess happening?

Third, I'm gonna address the "rip-off" comments. And I feel no desire to put on kid gloves. You've been warned.

This doesn't pretend to be a totally original experience. Its layout, its details and its lore are unique, but its framework is unapologetically borrowed from pokemon. Accept that for what it is. Go on, take a deep breath.
Now, if you don't like the pokemon formula, don 9;t play manamon. But for heaven's sake get off Aaron's back.
Do you know largely why he's done this? Do you know why making a direct Pokemon or Zelda or Harry Potter or Mario game would be a really insanely dangerous idea for the blind community? One word: licensing.
Aaron wasn't being lazy here, or unoriginal because he can't be bothered. Unless I am totally misreading the situation here, he's doing this because 1. he loves pokemon, 2. he can't really risk just remaking the game (particularly not if he wants to make money with it, BTW), and 3. he wanted to flex his creative muscles in a known area. Consider this the video-game equivalent of fanfiction. That's legal, but trying to sell it wouldn't be. Aaron has changed just enough that he won't be sued by Nintendo or Gamefreak for more money than he'll make in a lifetime, and is trying to give you folks a pokemon-like experience. Is it perfect? No, it's not, and if you're one of those people who has to have the unvarnished pokemon experience you grew up on, then wait for Braillemon to sort out its bugs and stuff, and go play that.

For the record, I really do admire Daigonite, given that she's not making money off that project and can't legally charge for it, but is still trying to do it anyway.

So, yeah. Next time you open your mouth to whine about something's lack of originality, give it some thought before you hit "submit". It's ungrateful as hell, and shows you haven't considered the entire situation. We all make that mistake sometimes, but when making that mistake risks putting someone else in a bad light, one should display a little extra caution.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : blindgamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aaron Baker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : staindaddict via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dan_c via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : staindaddict via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Jeffb via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : moore2it via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stirlock via Audiogames-reflector