Re: Site ranks list

nibar wrote:

You must be registered many years and post allot to get higher ranks

Yes, that is exactly the point of ranks.
Actually, this board has more ranks than  many do, usually it's 10 posts, 50, 100 posts, 500, 10000, 5000 etc.
I personally however never like the exponential level system in games where experience requirements increase for each level,  since it means sitting around at one level for far too long a time with nothing changing and no progress, so I decided to have a fixed interval instead, so people would always know when they were getting a new rank.

I settled on 250 since 100 would I think be to little (and require a hell of a lot of rank titles), while anything higher would be too much, and other numbers such as 150 just wouldn't work mathematically (after all it  would be pretty silly if there were no ranks at 1000 or 5000 posts).

The only conceivable change I'd consider making would be having ranks at 200 rather than 250 posts. At the time I wondered if that would be too many, but it seems not, however changing everything over now would be a pretty major amount of workk, since I'd need to essentially rewrite and renumber every single rank, both in the faq and in the main forum admin settings and I don't know if it's worth it just for the sake of one extra rank every thousand posts, ---- plus Nibar, your up for a new rank in a few posts anyway, which you wouldn't be if I changed the requirements big_smile.