Awesome. Thanks, Aaron, that's all I was asking for.

Sandslash:

DVs/IVs were a secret until someone hacked ROMs. After that, Gamefreak wisely decided to make info as public as possible for the most part, and guides sprang up everywhere. You don't necessarily need to know good IVS/DVS in order to play well. I owned all over the first few games, not to mention Stadium 1 and Stadium 2 for the N64, without knowing the slightest thing about that. Granted, it helps, and competitively it'll matter...but hell, give it a month or two. Right now, people are just exploring.

Speaking of which..

slight
spoilers

Found a pretty tough boss fight in the volcano. Never sseen an ice type before, and I'm very, very ill-prepared. My two strongest are weak to ice (Bulpine doubly so). Also, kudos on making a final-form bug evolution that doesn't completely suck.

Back to Sandslash:
Once you get to a certain point in the game it become s easier to train things because you can travel the map more easily. Without being spoilery I'll say no more, but the idea is to take low level mons to someplace weak, and have them fight there till they gain a few levels, then drag them to a new place. It's definitely a little bit slower, but like I said, it neatly skips the notion of putting a level 2 in a level 40 area, withdrawing it right away and getting massive experience for doing nothing. This way, the mon has to survive a hit, which I think is fair.
Regarding using items: same deal. It threw me at first, but now I'm okay with it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ross via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ross via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : agasoft via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : animal metal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sanslash332 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : patjk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aaron Baker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jafarria via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aaron Baker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aaron Baker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aaron Baker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aaron Baker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stirlock via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Bamboo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stirlock via Audiogames-reflector