I just caught a Reefe at level 17. Water type. I fought another Reefe, nearly died, and got like 260 experience. Still nearly 700 to get a level. And I will need to bring this guy up into the high 20s or low 30s to have a chance, even if I take out my grass type? There aren't any trainers left. I killed them all.

This is going to be a slog.

And Aaron, you didn't have to make the boss scale either. You're saying you aren't a fan of artificial difficulty inflation. I recognize that you hate someone being able to do a solo run, but a semi-important thing to remember, actually, is that a solo run is, in some cases, a measure of pride. After all, one single mon won't possibly be able to have an advantage over everything, and if a player wants to just outlevel his competition, well...shouldn't that be his prerogative, arguably?

This sort of thing is not something I expect to change. Pokemon and most other RPGs will let you outlevel the com petition if you're so inclined. This game won't, not really. That's okay. It's a new wrinkle. I will get used to it.
The only reason I spoke on it in this particular post is because you said it's better for people to waste twelve hours than thirty. This presupposes that you are utterly dead set against changing your boss.

Speaking of hanges and such, I have another question:
Why does the menu in Paladin work like a charm with NVDA, while the one in Manamon throws a weird dialogue box? They look like the same sort of layout to me. Is there something internally that's different, or is that an actual bug that you might fix?

I'm also curious on something...

slight
spoilers

Why exactly did an earlier fight have seven mons in it? I killed six, and the seventh showed up and wrecked me.

While I'm on the topic, I feel like there are certain attacks that are doing one hell of a lot of damage every time I see them.

Wind Force
Cyclone Claw
Torch
Poison Dart
Even when the move is just neutral and not double effective or whatever, it almost always does large damage.

Oh oh, that reminds me.
Does this game do the thing where if you're a certain type, and you use a move of your type, you get a bonus to it? If so, I don't think I've seen it mentioned either in the manual or in the game itself.
I thought that butterfly thing using Wind Force was doing big damage because it must be part flying. Well I tried to use a poison move on it, and it didn't work at all, so unless that's an ability it has, I suspect it's bug-poison, and still doing huge damage with Wind Force.

And one last thing, sorta kinda a bug but not really:
Sometimes, even boss trainers will waste moves by, say, trying to paralyze you when you're already paralyzed, or using a move that they know won't work (like using Focus twice in a row). I don't know if there's any way to fix this, but I've actually had a tough fight get a lot easier because the boss wasted at least one turn failing a move. And from a stadium master, you'd expect better. He ought to know his strategy and his type well enough to realize what works and what doesn't. But maybe with BGT, coding to make this behave better is more trouble than it's worth.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stirlock via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aaron Baker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stirlock via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sanslash332 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stirlock via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aaron Baker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Muhammad Hajjar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aaron Baker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aaron Baker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aaron Baker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dan_c via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aaron Baker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector