Removing mcafee

Hi,
My pc came installed with Mcafee web security live or something like that but I can't remove it. There is a pane in the uninstaller but nothing else. I think there is a firewall, too. because it blocks btsync and windows firewall says mcafee is handling those settings. As a last resort, I will delete the program from the program files folder.
Please help. Mcafee uninstaller asks for an image captcha. I really don't know what to do.