No, the foes don't have your stats. I ran into this problem on my first playthrough too. I don't like it, but it's doable.

Here are some tips:
1. the first guy uses fire, the next one uses water, the third one uses electric.
2. I'm presuming that you're stuck on the fire one. This means if you took Leafox, that's probably why you're dying horribly. Unless Leafox is above level 56, which he probably isn't, he doesn't have a ground move to wreck fire types. In other words, he's a liability. And no, he should definitely -not be above level 56, I'm just saying. Once he gets Earthquake he can actually semi-handle fire types.
3. The foe's manamon in these scaled fights scale to your highest level mon. So if that's your grass-type starter, and everything else is at a low level, you're in trouble, unless...
4. Ditch the starter. Seriously. Shove him in the transportal. If the rest of your team is fairly well balanced and can take out fire (as long as said fire mons aren't too high a level), then you should be in better shape. The game tracks the manamon in your party, not the manamon in your storage boxes.

This scaling fight (along with a couple of others, one of which you've already won) was put in the game to sort of force players to play with a fairly balanced team. I think it's stupid. I've said as much before. But it's here, and it's probably not going anywhere. A balanced team is generally a good idea in any case, since the nature of manamon means you don't have near the amount of flexibility you would in, say, pokemon. A manamon gets only the moves it learns by level-up, which means one manamon probably can't solo the last few boss fights unless it's stupidly overlevelled.

So all this is to say that 1. I agree with you, but 2. there is a workaround. What's your team look like? I may be able to help a lit tle, as far as suggestions in the event you need one or two more to fill out your roster. I'm getting to a point where I'm getting a good idea of who's good and who isn't.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rashad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : razvitasca via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Jonnyboy1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : wlomas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Loxias via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flyby chow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector