A question about mainstream rpgs

Hello everyone,
I know there are some accessible mainstream RPGs, but I have quite a bit of trouble playing them. I'm refering to Odin Sphere and the PSP version of Riviera. For those who played the games, how do you figure out what to do and what happens in battle? Do you just follow a walkthrough?
I also have questions about other RPGs being accessible or not.
The first is Valkyrie Profile, which was somewhat mentionned on a GameFAQS thread 7 years ago, but it wasn't clear if it was accessible or not, though I personnally don't think it is.
The second is the PS2 version of Romancing Saga. It's sound design seams rather complete, but I don't know if it's accessible or not. Did anyone tried to play it following a walkthrough?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Pulseman