Question about using Caps Lock key as a VoiceOver modifier key

A question for anyone who uses or has tried to use the Caps Lock key as a VoiceOver modifier key. Does it work? I'm asking because I can't get it to work with the Griffen wired keyboard I'm using, and I'm trying to figure out if this is an iOS bug or a design flaw with the keyboard.

I know something is going on with iOS, because when I turn on using the Caps Lock key as a VoiceOver modifier key, it takes two presses of the caps lock key instead of one to toggle the caps lock status.

Thanks!