VMWare Fusion audio latency fix

Hi everyone:

Has anyone used Bryan Smart's guide on adjusting audio latency in VMWare Fusion?  I tried doing it, and the VMX file returns the sound.autodetect value to "TRUE" even after I set it to "FALSE."  I used proper quotes, not the double quotes text edit likes to use.  I set the sound.virtualDev equal to "es1371" but even with both these changes the machine won't load this device.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?  Any help would be great.

I tried looking on the AppleVis website, but the only thing I could find was adjusting the quotes.

Luke