Re: bluetooth speakers and bletough headphones and ETC.

Hi all,

Well, let's go over all the Bluetooth gear I've accumulated over the years. I've got a set of the original Aftershokz which I don't really use anymore. I thought they were kind of cool, but the audio quality combined with the audio leakage turns me off the brand. I don't know if the price was justified and won't buy another pair from this company unless I have a very good reason. I have the Logitech H800 which is pretty cool. Unfortunately, I lost the little USB dongle and the microphone is broken. Still, it's not a bad little headset with both Bluetooth and Logitech's proprietary wireless protocol. I've got the Easy ACC Olive speaker which cost me $20. In my opinion, this is the best speaker I've purchased. For that extremely low price I get a decent sounding speaker with Bluetooth, aux input for a patch cord, an FM radio, and a micro SD slot. I think it only plays MP3 files though. You cannot navigate within files, only from file to file. It also supports USB flash drives with MP3 files on them. While i'm not an audio freak, I think the sound it produces is good enough for my needs. Next, I have the Amazon Echo. I like that Alexa tells you that it is connected to the device and actually reads the device name. Finally, I have the Blue Tiger SoundTrax headset from www.atguys.com which works extremely well. The headset supports Bluetooth, aux input for wired devices, and a Micro SD reader.

I've got two Bluetooth transmitters that plug into any headphone jack. These are useful for my Stream and any other devices that don't natively support Bluetooth. The first is the Miccus Minijack TX4 which is a transmitter that can stream to two receivers simultaneously. I haven't been able to get the duel streaming to work with the Echo and any other of my devices. I'm not sure if it's something that's incompatible with the Echo. Fort unately, it does seem to work with everything else I have. The second device I have is the Avantek BRZ-8 which is a transmitter/receiver combo. If set to transmitter mode, it transmits anything connected through the patch cord to a Bluetooth device. When set to receiver mode, it receives Bluetooth signals from any transmitter like a phone or computer and sends the audio to the device connected to the 3.5 mil jack. For example, I paired the TX4 to the Avantek which was connected to a pair of desktop computer speakers that are not natively Bluetooth. This means I can use my Stream with a great pair of speakers that would otherwise require me to be stationary due to the cable on the speakers. The only downside to these devices is that they have lights that indicate what's going on. Since I am completely blind, I have had to learn to count and wait a specific number of seconds when working with them. However, they are awesome when they work. I especially love ow I can use both of t hem at once. As you might imagine, these have infinite possibilities. My dad has a tape car adapter that sends audio from a 3.5 mil jack to the car stereo system through the tape deck. If I wanted to, I could connect the Avantek to the tape adapter and broadcast Bluetooth signals from a phone or the TX4 to the car stereo wirelessly.