Recent Materia Magica Changes

Hi all,

I discussed various things about Materia Magica with the audiogames community in a long thread a few months back, and have either finished or integrated some of what we talked about, and am working on the rest! Here's a recent selection:

-My rebuild of Rune Forest (the second novice area) has been completed; the zone has been rebuilt, restructured and expanded for levels 10-60. Alongside the faction content, there are three level-scaling Bosses, and five static mini-bosses.
-Work has begun on bundled MUSH and VIP packages, including various sound packs, aliases and optimizations for different aspects of game play with screen readers, like sailing. This is a player-led initiative, but is progressing very well.
-Ship prices have been lowered, allowing for a more reasonable progression through the types and enabling novices to join the seafaring ranks more easily. Ships will no longer permanently lose hull points when sunk, and additionally, lower l evels can undertake a quest to introduce them to the world of seafaring through skiffs.
-We adjusted quest limits, so you're no longer limited to 2 quests per quest master per two hours, while tracking of failed quests has also been removed. Further back, quests for first classers had their timers removed to let you explore at your own pace.
-Low level caster classes have all been given a defense, usually dodge, to help make starting as a caster less problematic. Additionally, casters can obtain temporary reagent keys and special items in Lasler.

Upcoming:
-Scaling of select dungeons such as a Disturbed Pyramid, making them accessible to all levels.
-We're working on further adjustments and command extensions to the Check command, which was added in February this year. The 'score hp/sp/st/exp' commands will be moved into Check and split, enabling more accurate reporting on vitals. We are working on getting a check extension added to repo rt on room flags and surrounding PK room statuses.
-New solo and duo dungeons, scaling to level. The Vorynich Estate is first up!

You can read our main changelog at http://www.materiamagica.com/news/updates.

Esker

  • [Audiogames-r... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: Esker
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: Victorious
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: Dark
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: AstralAudio
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: crashmaster
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: AstralAudio
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: Esker
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: Spiraling Wyvern
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: ammericandad2005