Roleplay-oriented MUDS with lots of Character Concept Choices

Hi! I recently played star conquest, but I was extremely disappointed. I'll get to the point. Does a similar game exist, with sports, TV, and other hobbies that are coded and that any character can get into, and that doesn't require a profile? I understand that star conquest wants to maintain its theme, but I find it extremely limited. I wanted to play a character does modeling on the side, but the staff called it a gimmick. Simply said, I won't play there again, if they can't accept a wide variety of character concepts, and I'm looking for a game that can, and that also has an interface that encourages people to find each other and RP. Thanks.