Re: BrogueSpeak, an accessible roguelike

As I said in the Reddit thread, support of either speeding up speech, or, even better, the ability to support NVDA would be nice as that is also open source and, as far as i know is relatively easy to add support for would be great.  Two other things that come to mind is the ability to check your players health or stats, as right now I have no idea when would be a good time to rest, or what my strength is (or how to train/level my character for another), and the ability to check previous messages.  While exploring, if you get multiple messages, with the way you have it writeen now, Espeak will only speak the last thing onscreen.  Pressing M will bring up the messages screen, but will not read them.  Same thing if I try using a potion, from my inventory screen and their are other things happening, I miss what the potion did to me.  I'm guessing that you're planning to add the flavor text for the items later, as right now, we can't see it, so we miss what things happen when we equip rings and such.  Or maybe they had no enchantments, I'm not sure with some that I equipped.  That's all I can think of right now.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mojsior via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : smoothgunner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LazyCat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LazyCat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LazyCat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LazyCat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LazyCat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LazyCat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LazyCat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : death via Audiogames-reflector