Re: Aspiring sound designer needing programming advice!!

I don't know what a PLC is used for, so I can't really say how useful it is versus C#. I can say that programming skills can be useful for procedural audio, or dynamic audio effects, though that largely depends on what position you want and your work flow.

If your interested in breaking into the industry you should probably try hanging around game developer sites like Gamasutra, Tigsource, indiedb, gamesindustry.biz, etc. Try networking with other audio engineers and game developers, participate or team up in things like the Ludum Dare competition, or any of the many game jams that are regularly going on at GameJolt or itch.io. That can help give you a good sense of whats needed and where to go.