Re: urgent internet help needed

As inconvenient as doing a clean install may be, it will actually help if you've been accumulating crap for a few months or years. It will allow you to start over from scratch. I'd advise you to download the most essential data like documents or mp3 files that you can't get back. Then again, would that introduce the possibility of restoring infected files to the new clean system? Anyway, don't worry about your applications. You can most likely download them off the internet after you're up and running with a squeaky clean system. You may have to activate Windows after installing it. I don't know how OEM activations work as I have never and will never purchase a Windows product key until Microsoft does the right thing and makes the installer talk. I believe the key that comes with your computer should work. It's usually printed on the back or something.