Re: BrogueSpeak, an accessible roguelike

LazyCat wrote:
blindndangerous wrote:

When equipping or applying, pressing escape will still perform the action.

I'm pretty sure that's not possible. When equipping a new weapon there is a message saying "Now wielding..." then it says item name. Please check again whether you actually hear that message. Also, the wielded weapon will be first item at top of the inventory list, please check does that really change when you press ESCAPE key.

Yes, I can confirm it.  Here's what I did.
Started up a new game.  Pressed E, and used the arrow keys to find my darts, and pressed escape.
The game says now wielding 15 +0 darts, (10).
Found an enemy and defeated it.  Pressed I, and looked at the first item in my list.  It was the darts, and pressing ` says you hold the darts at the ready, not my dagger .
The items shouldn't equip unless I press E again, not escape. Escape should just close out the screens.  This also happens if I have a scroll/potion in the apply menu.  If you want, I can zip up my folder and you can try it yourself.

blindndangerous wrote:

I would think that pressing , or < would cycle it in reverse?

You don't have to press shift to type less-than or greater-than, as period or comma will do the same. All four perform one and the same function, they cycle targets only in one direction like TAB key.

Actually, this isn't true.  I have three things sitting in front of me, a scroll and two doors.  Pressing tab goes scroll, door, second door.  Pressing shift+tab goes second door, door, scroll.  The targeting can go in reverse order, the , or < whichever you prefer to use, only goes one way which is forward.  I would think that only . or > would do that, and , or < would have it go in reverse meaning the closest things to you are first, than the furthest at the last part.  For example:
upper staircase
door key
locked door
downward staircase
If I were to press . or >, I would hear that list.  Now, if I did this
upper staircase
door key
locked door
Wait. I want that key.  So I press , or < I would hear
downward staircase
upper staircase
door key
If I could go in reverse order like I can with target selection, and I were at locked door, I could press , or < and go right back up to door key.  Right now, this is not possible.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LazyCat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LazyCat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LazyCat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LazyCat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LazyCat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : baruch via Audiogames-reflector