Re: Wanting to learn Japanese, any hints?

My first resource for learning Japanese was "Listen and Learn: Japanese", which at the time was on three cassettes and I found it at EPCOT. It comes with a workbook, but for obvious reasons that didn't really matter to me.
Then I read Takasugi Shinji's "Teach Yourself Japanese" website.
These are both pretty rudimentary, and I did wind up taking college classes and studying other online resources.

As for braille, it turns out I downloaded this page a long time ago:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/gu02y5
It does make some mistakes. I'm just not sure which direction the mistakes are in, so I've just assumed it was mistaken about English braille (the author is either writing backward, or describes "ABCDE" as "ABCFI"). It could be more of a coming-from-right-to-left sort of thing and I've got Japanese braille backward... I dunno, maybe someone e lse can resolve the confusion?

There are lots of resources online; you might just try googling "Learn Japanese" or "Japanese Tutorial" or "Japanese Grammar" or what have you, until you find something that works for you. I like Takasugi Shinji's site (I don't even know if it's still up sad ) because it used graphics with alt tags for the kana. (I tried to download Japanese Jaws at the time but it was sort of a chicken-and-egg situation back then.)