Re: OpenAL HRTF Python Examples

Well I finally got openal soft working. It's wierd how it works with x64 Windows, but anyway it works now.
BTW, what problem you guys actually have with accessible_output2? In fact, what accessible_output2 does have and pyttsx doesn't have is screen reader support. But the problem is, I can't get sapi to speak on Py3.
Here is how I use it:
# Example1: Speak using auto-detected output
import accessible_output2.outputs.auto
out=accessible_output2.outputs.auto.Auto()
out.output("Hello, this is your computer speaking to you. Please turn me off now!")
out.braille("This text must be brailled only!")
out.speak("This text must be spoken but not brailled!")

# Example2: Speak using NVDA
import accessible_output2.outputs.nvda
nvda=accessible_output2.outputs.nvda.NVDA()
nvda.speak("Hello, I am NVDA! Can you hear me?")

# Example2: Speak using SAPI
import accessible_out put2.outputs.sapi5
sapi=accessible_output2.outputs.sapi5.SAPI5()
sapi.set_voice(sapi.get_voice())
sapi.speak("Hello, I am your fellow sapi5 voice! Can you hear me?")
The result is, I get NVDA speaking, but sapi is silent. When I turn off NVDA, the auto output detects sapi, but speech gets interrupted. I tried fixing this by using set_voice and get_voice, but the issue still persists. No errors thrown by Python, just silence.
I'm totally sure that this issue is not present with Python2, because Undead Assult game is also using AO2 for it's output, as well as some apps such as Chicken Nugget and TWBlue.

    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : brian . kurosawa via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : brian . kurosawa via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Hrvoje via Audiogames-reflector