Re: Think this will get sighted people's interest?

I think this is an excellent idea, and I have indeed done this sort of thing before. I think the first time I did this kind of thing was back in about late 1999. I was working at a nonprofit organization focused on creating awareness of people with disabilities. This was done by matching a person with a disability with a non-disabled person to form one-on-one friendships. We had organization chapters in several states, and some of those chapters might still be in existence but I'm not sure. The main office, which was in my city, ceased operation in about mid-2001. Anyway, I didn't go on most of these visits due to health concerns, but the ones which I did go on were a blast. These chapters were mainly on college campuses, but some were more based out in the rest of the community. Besides helping to present the organization as a whole, I would often talk about what it's like being blind. One of our activities which I always looked forward to was a game called "Q uarter Mile Quarter Plop." I think the name pretty much sums it up. Quarters were placed at every mile mark on a track, and the person who collected the most quarters won. I also did this once for a Webelos Scout troop, and I've done similar things as part of another nonprofit for which I volunteer. It is an organization called JJ's List. Our website is and has been a work in progress, and will hopefully! be updated again soon. I'm honestly rather skeptical about that though. But anyone please feel free to check us out online at http://www.jjslist.com . I don't think I've ever had a negative experience when doing this. Everyone has always been very open and welcoming, and in turn I try to be as open and welcoming as possible. After all, the only stupid question is one that is not asked. I am very comfortable with my blindness and I want others to feel comfortable around me.