Re: New IPhone september 16 2016

Figment, I'm not offering my recommendation based on preference, but based on accessibility standards, which iOS maches better than Android, sadly. It's not something that works only for me, but for everyone who wishes to get aside personal preference from actual reality.

I've not imagined what I wrote in my previous post, but it's from my personal experience with Android, and also collecting some experiences of other Android users over time.

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 with Android 4.4.2 which would correspond with iOS 7. I bought it at the time when people were discussing about Android Lollipop, and gave it to my brother when Android 6.0 was being offered to some devices. I chose Samsung, because Samsung offers some nice features for people who use accessibility services. For example, you can answer and end calls using the home button, and power button respectively. It also has a nice homescreen which is similar to iPhone, and S voice, very simil ar to Siri on iOS. I used Google keyboard in replacement to the samsung's default keyboard and downloaded some other aps which I needed for my phone. I used Google translate, google docks, dropbox, Facebook, Messenger, youtube, what'ssapp and some more. It was a little difficult to quickly type a long message with the google keyboard because I would get embarrased very quickly. I loved the idea of a braille keyboard, but at that time on Android there were none. Browsing the web was a real frustration because the screen reader didn't support HTLM element navigation, so you would find the elements on the screen, either by exploring with your finger, or by swiping left and right, as you would do with the Tab key on Windows. I used to read docks files with Google docks and that was a nice experience using the Ivona voices, but reading PDF was not possible. So on February, I decided to switch to iOS, because I couldn't take advantage of all the features on my phone as I normally do with my Apple device.

Note: this isn't from a Fanboy's prospective.