Re: amazon echo, would you recommend it?

My sister bought me an Echo over a year ago and I use it all the time.  You need a few things for it to work, an Amazon prime account, a wireless router, and a smart phone.  If you've got all of them, then you're all set.  The device has excellent voice recognition and speakers that sound every bit as good as my Bose mini.  With your Amazon Prime you can stream a surprising amount of audio through the Echo, but you have to know exactly what to ask for, and there are some huge gaps in the library.  It can answer all sorts of questions through Wikipedia, but once again, there are some gaps.  Weather and news are just a voice command away, and with the right hardware you can control most of your home with simple commands like, "Turn on light 3."  We have a thermostat from Sensi which interfaces with both a phone and with Echo, though I have yet to link it to the echo due to laziness and no need to run the heat yet.  It has a ll kinds of skills from recipes for bar drinks to games and musical tools.  The list of skills grows daily and there's even one for Swamp Trivia which I have yet to activate, also due to laziness.  Finally, it makes a great Bluetooth speaker.  I connect it to my iPhone with two clicks and can stream music, books, radio, or anything I wish.  Not sure what it goes for in Europe, but in the States it's a steal at right around 100 dollars, but I think that is with a one time only 50 dollar discount.  I'm more than satisfied with mine, and if it died I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.