Re: programming games in C++

I've noticed that more and more people here are trying to use C or C++. Well, use whatever You want, I don't care, but I wish You a good luck while shooting yourself into a foot. If you don't get what the hell I'm talking about, let me quote C++ creator mr. Bjarne Stroustrup: C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off.
To be clear, I got nothing against C++, it's a great and widely used language among professionals, and I will probably use it one day (who knows), but C++ is great only if you know what are you doing while using it, since a lot of low-level work is required. And if you don't know what are you doing, it's very likely that you're gonna mess up something, and if that happens, have a gun and shoot yourself into a foot, or in worst case, in a head. I wrote this just to warn you on troubles that are waiting for You on your C++ journey... Prepare for the nightm are! Pointers and references are waiting for you to make you headaches; maloc, new and delete functions are waiting for you to corrupt your memory like this: Woops, Boom! Crash! Look out, my friend!