Re: Playing Entombed

Well jason added to the game constantly for three years, then in 2010, with a new job and two new children he had to put development aside.
Combine this with the fact that the game code, due to so much being added aparently grew quite eclectic and it's likely entombed is pretty complete, though the game is certainly far from being an early version and highly playable, it's just that extra functions such as scripting to create custom content or fundamental changes in the game's system weren't possible with the existing code.

Whether Jason will do a final bugfix I don't know, but in the mean time we still have an awesome game either way, even if one that didn't get all the planned expantions.

More recently (as of last year in fact), Jason returned to development and started work on Entombed ii. There were some very very veeeeery! early alphas which experimented with things like a ranking system and a different style of exploration whi ch would more easily make for things like environmental hazards and avoidable fights, and development was promising, but where things are now I'm not sure, still I have a lot of faith in Jason and am sure we've not heard the last of things, though more likely with entombed Ii at this point.

Even with original entombed, back in 2007 the initial alpha was nothing to write home about, then around a year later boom! suddenly a major game with huge amounts of content hove out of the blue.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pulseman45 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : G-Rad via Audiogames-reflector